Calling all Jewish Educators
From: Janette Silverman (jsilvermanjanette-silverman.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 21:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
Talk to people who are researching their family’s history, and many will tell you how much they regret not starting earlier. For example:

I never talked to Zayde about his recollections of the Old Country, his parents, how he got here, the family he left behind and those who came over. Who were they? How did they live? When my parents went to those boring Cousins’ Club get-togethers, I stayed home. I didn’t really get to know my cousins. Who are the people in those pictures on the walls when I was growing up? And in that drawer-full of old photos Mom used to keep? I never asked.

For those who teach in formal and informal settings, getting started in family research and introducing young people to genealogy is the focus of a special forum, Genealogy for Jewish Educators, on Sunday, August 7, 2016, the first day of the week-long 36th IAJGS Conference on Jewish Genealogy.

Thanks to the generosity of the Samis Foundation and the Covenant Foundation, registration for the educators forum costs just $50 per person, including kosher breakfast and lunch. To attend the full conference and Genealogy for Jewish Educators, the combined fee is just $365 during early on-line registration through April 30. How to register

Looking forward to having you join us!

Janette Silverman
Conference Co-Chair

  • (no other messages in thread)