Program on WWII Refugees Escaping through Japan and Book Sale
From: Mark Halpern (markhalpern.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 08:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
For those genealogists interested in refugees escaping Europe in the early years of WWII, including the aid of Chiune Sugihara and others, I will be presenting the story of this escape as well as the stories of seven specific refugees in my talk entitled "Visas for Life: Seven Refugees Journey to Safe Haven." The talk is scheduled for Thursday, August 11 at 3 PM in the Aspen Room.

Parts of this presentation is based on my Japanese colleague, Akira Kitade's book "Visas for Life and the Epic Journey: How the Sugihara Survivors Reached Japan." See http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/06/17/national/book-tells-jews-escape-via-japan/  After my talk, I will be selling his English language book in the Exhibitor Hall from 4:15 to 5:15 PM. Cost is $20 cash or check.

I hope to see you there.

Mark Halpern
West Chester, PA