Family systems theory, healing, and a film about dysfunctional mother/daughter relationships
From: Ron Arons (reaxprsix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 06:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
Gayle Kirshenbaum and I will have a session tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4:30 PM (in
room Cedar B) titled, Understanding Our Families, Understanding Ourselves, and
Healing. During that session, I will spend about thirty minutes explaining
Family Systems Theory, a branch of family therapy theory used by social
workers, marriage and family therapists, and psychotherapists and geneograms,
an alternative way to create family trees that also describe emotional
relationships among various family members. Both family systems theory and
genograms are quite complementary to genealogical research. Gayle will spend
the next thirty minutes discussing dysfunctional relationships between family
members and tools to help heal the wounds caused by such relationships.

In conjunction with this session, Gayle and I will have two viewings of Look at
Us Now, Mother!, Gayle's award winning documentary about her dysfunctional
relationship with her mother. For more info about the film, see:
http://www.lookatusnowmother.com/#&panel1-1 The film will be shown in my room
(Room 956, in the Union Street (south) tower at the following times:

- today (Tuesday) at 10:30 AM

- Thursday at 10:30 AM

Seating is LIMITED!  If you are interested in attending, please send me an
email (reaxprs [at] ix.netcom.com) to reserve a space.

Hope you'll attend either our conference session on Wednesday or one of the two
viewings of Gayle's documentary.

Ron Arons