Thanks for your cooperation and patience
From: Harvey Kabaker (harvey.kabakerverizon.net)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
As the primary registrar for Seattle 2016, I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation and especially for their patience in moments of confusion or frustration over the process. Many of you -- perhaps 700 or so -- accomplished the task apparently with no glitches. I heard from several who had some problems, and we worked together to straighten things out.

Most of all, I want to apologize personally for the difficult maneuvers required to provide your family surnames and towns for the IAJGS Conference Online Family Finder and your name badge. Many of you were surprised to see a blank space where the information should have appeared, after it was well past the deadline for submitting changes or new data, and you thought you had completed your part of the task.

As a retired professional writer of software documentation, such as on-line help and user instructions, I see it as our responsibility to provide clear, logical and easy-to-follow directions, no matter how ill-conceived, clumsy and convoluted the computer application may be. So you may put the blame squarely on my shoulders for any disappointment you feel about this part of the 36th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy.

We may look forward to the 37th next year in Orlando and be confident the IAJGS board, president and Conference leaders will strive to build on this year's successes and to devise improvements in the way your name badge gets filled up.

Harvey Kabaker

  • (no other messages in thread)